Mediation is an alternative way of disputes settlement by involving an independent third party – mediator. It is a modern way of resolution of the conflicts arising, first of all, from civil and economic legal relations.
The advantages of mediation over other techniques of disputes settlement are:
- Confidentiality of process of reconciliation;
- Time, energy, and cost saving for conflicting parties;
- Effective way of settlement of judicial and pre-trial disputes;
- Independent and expert evaluation of the situation by a mediator;
- Mediation of an uninterested party during negotiations, contracts conclusion, disputable matters and conflict resolution;
- Possibility of protecting business reputation due to pre-trail dispute settlement;
- Focus on achieving mutually acceptable decision, maintaining and restoring partner relations between the parties;
- Avoiding possibility of new conflicts between the parties in future.